JUST-WANCHI ❝ food · lifestyle · blog ❞   |   about  ·   twitter   ·   ask.fm  ·   youtube   · carousell   ·   instagram   · follow  





queen
Hello there sweetheart(s) ! I'm Wan Chi and welcome to my personal space . I reside in lovely Malaysia and I am a child of God . You're welcome to explore as much as you want and ask any questions but please , be nice and be respectful . Thank you ! ♥


search this blog


Zalora
Use my ZALORA code to get 15% off your next purchase !
♡ Code: ZBAPQDYL ♡
*Only applicable to new ZALORA customers.

Instagram
@wanchi_c

Darlings


twitter


labels
Baking// Birthdays// Camwhorism// Complaints// Cooking// Diary of a Lazy Blogger// Family// Fangirlism// Food// Friends// London// Obsessions// OOTD// Personal// Picture Memories// Relationship// School Life// Stupid Rants// Tutorials// Uncategorized// Vacation// Vanity// Vlogs//


Archives
December 2010♥ January 2011♥ February 2011♥ March 2011♥ April 2011♥ May 2011♥ June 2011♥ July 2011♥ August 2011♥ September 2011♥ October 2011♥ November 2011♥ December 2011♥ January 2012♥ February 2012♥ March 2012♥ April 2012♥ May 2012♥ June 2012♥ July 2012♥ August 2012♥ September 2012♥ October 2012♥ November 2012♥ December 2012♥ January 2013♥ February 2013♥ March 2013♥ April 2013♥ May 2013♥ June 2013♥ July 2013♥ August 2013♥ September 2013♥ October 2013♥ November 2013♥ December 2013♥ January 2014♥ February 2014♥ March 2014♥ April 2014♥ May 2014♥ June 2014♥ July 2014♥ August 2014♥ November 2014♥ December 2014♥ January 2015♥ February 2015♥ March 2015♥ April 2015♥ May 2015♥ June 2015♥ July 2015♥ August 2015♥ September 2015♥ October 2015♥ November 2015♥ December 2015♥ January 2016♥ February 2016♥ March 2016♥ April 2016♥ May 2016♥ June 2016♥ July 2016♥ August 2016♥ September 2016♥ October 2016♥ December 2016♥ April 2017♥ June 2017♥ August 2017♥ September 2017♥


mail

SPONSORSHIPS x ENQUIRIES x COLLABORATIONS


ads


disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.

No unauthorized copying of images and/or content please.

  July 2016 Birthdays - Kun Yew and Michelle
hi friends !! today I'll be blogging about some events which happened a month ago , as the title suggests . These people hold a very special place in my heart because one of them is my boyfriend and the other is one of my best friends from high school .

Kun Yew's birthday is in late June but since I was having exams back then , I planned his surprise to be in early July . if you didn't know , Kun threw me a nice little pre-birthday surprise back in April .. (read it by clicking here !!) and after that night , one thought stayed constant in my head : I HAVE TO WIN . hahaha . being super asian and "kiasu" , i wanted to one up him at the surprise game . i thought to myself , he's raised the bar so high , i have to beat him at it . hence , i started researching for online bakers throughout Instagram and found this woman who charges a reasonable price for chocolate drip cakes . Let's call her Carol (important to give her a name due to the ramblings you're about to read below). also , i told Paggie about Carol and she conveniently ordered a cake from Carol for my birthday surprise AHHAHA . anyway that's not the point ...

as the days led up to my big surprise day , i arranged everything the way i wanted it . i made my boyfriend's best friend come up with the guest list and booked the place , Ploy @ Publika . i finalised my cake order , paid the deposit and invited Zelyn over to stay at my place for 2 days .

when the weekend of the surprise finally rolled around , me and Zelyn got down to business and baked some chocolate chip banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting . before we made the frosting , we ate the cupcakes hot and fresh out of the oven and it tasted kinda weird ... which made us both go 😰😰  cos we followed the recipe exactly . however , once we piped the frosting on , we tasted it as a whole again ... and couldn't stop eating HAHAHAH . it tasted amazing !!!!!!111!!11!! self-praising ourselves LOLOL but seriously we both agreed that these cupcakes were one of the best we ever tasted . 

 decorated the cupcakes with silver sugar balls because Kun's birthday theme was supposed to be black , white and silver . Prior to this , I liaised with Carol and customised everything about the birthday cake the way I wanted it for the party : chocolate base with peanut butter buttercream , and topped with white chocolate drizzle with silver-ish decorations . I asked kunyew's best friend to get balloons which are black , white and silver . The cake was supposed to match the balloons !! I even ordered a silver cake topper online JUST TO MATCH THE SILVER CAke .


on the day of the surprise , me and Zelyn got up early and journeyed all the way to Shah Alam . mind you , Carol's house is approx. 45 minutes away from my house . before we left my place , i've already texted Carol to remind her that i'm on my way and she said it's alright .
HOWEVER !!! when me and Zelyn got to her house gate i tried texting her and even calling her but she didn't respond at all ??? trust me when i said i called her at least 10 times . started to feel worried so i quickly texted Paggie about it and Paggie responded by saying "oh don't worry she made me wait too" . after what felt like an eternity , Carol finally emerged and passed me the cake . me and Zelyn left and started heading home .

but just as we were about to leave Shah Alam , Zelyn began voicing her concerns about the cake . "Wan chi it's really senget leh , look at it .." , she told me . I leaned over and looked at it AND INDEED THE TOP LAYER WAS SLOWLY SLIDING OFF THE SECOND LAYER .  it wasn't even a subtle mistake , it was very obvious and frankly quite scary ?!?!? QUICKLY MADE A U-TURN AND WE HEADED BACK TO CAROL'S PLACE . 


surprise , surprise .... she wasn't picking up her cellphone again . this time , I was desperate . me and Zelyn straight up marched to her gate (it was open) and knocked on her front door . she came out looking confused and after we explained to her what happened , she said --- never mind , let me just type the whole convo here HAHA . wanchi - purple , carol - orange .

Oh so sorry ! It didn't chill long enough in the fridge .. Can you come back in 4-5 hours ?
No , I live really far from here .
Oh , where is the party place ? Publika ? Hmm too far .
If I leave it with you for 1-2 hours ? Can ? 
Okay can can .

me and Zelyn then drove and drove around till we found a mall . i can't even remember the name of the mall but it was a very Malay place . not being racist here , but the fact is that everyone in the mall was Malay except me and Zelyn .. seriously , we didn't see anyone of a different race except ourselves 😂  so we headed to Starbucks and chilled there for more than 1.5 hours then headed back to get my precious cake . 

since there was no parking when I got to Carol's house , i waited outside and got Zelyn to go down to collect the cake for me . after 5 mins , she came out with an older looking woman , who turns out to be Carol's mother . Carol's mother told me , Carol was carrying the cake and bringing it to me when she slipped and fell and now the cake is on the floor , crushed . Just like my heart . Normally I would've raged but surprisingly I managed to keep my cool (thankfully Zelyn was with me) and said its okay , just refund the money and I'll go get another cake . Since it's already been 5 hours since I woke up and left my own house , I was rly tired and decided to just get a gay-ass wondermilk cake because I couldn't think of anywhere else . Overpriced and overly-sweet , but I had no other last minute option .
Lo and behold , Carol managed to snap a pic of my cake before she dropped it lmao . Not that I'm angry at her , I'm just really disappointed because i booked the cake TWO MONTHS before that day and i took so much trouble to get to her place , lots of fuel , time and energy wasted and i had to go home empty-handed .

okay not exactly empty-handed ,  maybe with a handful of overpriced ugly cake .

 anyway quickly got home and got ready to go to the party location .
maxi floral dress that i can't stop tripping over because i'm short as hell ...




the surprise went well though ! Very happy about the attendance and at least my efforts weren't wasted because Kun Yew didn't expect it at all :)


back before my hair bleach faded - it looked so grey !!!



of course , i had to drag Paggie along with me to any social event HAHAH . gonna miss this one so much when she's gone 😓

***** 

for Michelle's birthday , Stephanie spontaneously planned a surprise about two days beforehand and surprisingly the turn up was very good !! decided to bake her a vanilla butter cake with sliced peaches and lemon buttercream ! was supposed to make her an ombre cake but since i had not enough buttercream , i had to improvise with peaches and made a naked cake !!


end product !! the crumbs at the sides of the plate were actually crumbs that fell while i was even-ing out the sides of the cake . but since they look like a nice decoration , let's just keep it that way . LOLOL .

surprised Mick over breakfast at Rimba & Rusa !! she seriously didn't expect it - hence her no makeup face ahahha cutie .


always a good time with my FAB girlies , 7/10 of us here but it's all good !! Glad we're still able to give each other little surprises and catch up on each other 💓


till next time , thank you for reading !

Labels: , , ,



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.